Screenplay to Novel - Update
So, with the help of a friend who also happens to be the systems administrator for my employer, I was able to isolate the technical issue that was causing my .doc file to freeze up after every edit. This worked out well, and I was able to convert the rest of the script to a novel format in a matter of hours. I noted some interesting things.
Word count increased by about 6,000. 120 screenplay pages translated to 136 novel pages. Total word count is now at about 25,000, and I have a target of about 100,000. However, even though I’m only ¼ finished, I feel good. Really, the rest of the project is fun. I have to add more prose (screenplay format is very anti-prose), and expand on characters, settings, and scenes. Believe it or not, I’m actually looking forward to this.
I spend so much time in the pre-writing process developing character histories and personality traits that there is a significant amount of information left out of the screenplay due to space constraints.
I may be thinking a bit aggressively, but I hope to have the first working draft complete before June.
Word count increased by about 6,000. 120 screenplay pages translated to 136 novel pages. Total word count is now at about 25,000, and I have a target of about 100,000. However, even though I’m only ¼ finished, I feel good. Really, the rest of the project is fun. I have to add more prose (screenplay format is very anti-prose), and expand on characters, settings, and scenes. Believe it or not, I’m actually looking forward to this.
I spend so much time in the pre-writing process developing character histories and personality traits that there is a significant amount of information left out of the screenplay due to space constraints.
I may be thinking a bit aggressively, but I hope to have the first working draft complete before June.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home